Thursday, September 17, 2009

Weight

I sometimes glimpse this show during the day called "The Drs." Today they are discussing obesity in Americans and how we are absolutely oblivious to our own health and weight.

They used an example by walking down the street and asking people if they knew their weights and would subsequently weigh them and see the difference.
One lady's encounter:
Dr: Ma'am, do you know your own weight
Lady: Yes, it is 115lb
Dr: Do you mind stepping on these scales to verify?
Lady: Sure (as she is stepping on them)
Dr: Ma'am, you do not weight 115, you weigh 170 lbs.

This people, is what *I* call fooling yourself in dangerous proportions. Can people really convince themselves to that extreme?

If I haven't weighed in a while I might be off by 5-10 lbs, but I guarantee you, I have guessed higher.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

No comments: