Monday, April 5, 2010

Summer injuries 2010 #1 and #2

If today is any indication at all of how this summer is going to go with injuries, then we are in for a crazy summer.

Incident #1) I CAN'T STOP
D was driving his Arctic Cat around and he really isn't that great a driver...
Well, actually, he is awful driving it.

He is going to be that teenager that backs into like 50 parked cars by the time he hits college.
It is not because I don't think he has ability or hand-eye coordination... the boy just doesn't pay attention...

Like today, he didn't pay attention the rope/string that has been nailed to the fence posts for like 2 weeks....

So of course he drove into it... and once the rope/string hit his FACE he never stopped the dadgum truck... he just kept driving...
*now picture my big pregnant butt hauling across the yard yelling STOP*
the rope/string is tight right across his nose, up his cheek and looped around an ear.....

So injury #1 - ROPE BURNS TO THE FACE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incident #2) MAMA DID IT (part I) because we all know, there will prolly be more "mama is an idiot" moments.

So our latest game this spring, since it has been warm
and
I have been nesting
and
IT IS HOT TO A FAT CHICK SO LAY OFF.

has been while I am pressure washing the deck, or driveway, or porches, or walkways, or rocks....
whatever

the boys get naked and run until they are about 7-10 feet away and yell "get me mom", and I point the pressure washer their way and the mist soaks them....

If they get too close, I won't and I tell them to get back until they are at a respectable distance.

Well, today I was pressure washing the boys outside toys.

OH COME ON... WE ALL KNOW THE DOGS HIKE THEIR LEGS ON THEM, THEY NEED CLEANING!!!!

ANYWAYS,
I was pressure washing their picnic table and we had and were playing our game....

Well, D got gutsy and didn't listen (surprise surprise) and before I could let go of the trigger, he jumped up on the table I was cleaning....

yes, this put my beautiful little boys head and arm and side within a foot of the nozzle....

His face (yes, the same side he had rope burns on) and his arm was nothing but a series of whelps and what looked like burns.


He is fine now, I washed him down real good and we have been keeping a suave on him and on the burn on his face... you can hardly tell that he fought with the pressure washer but I have heard like 50 times how I hurt him.. he even locked me out of the house....
he holds grudges.

so injury #2 - PRESSURE WASHER ATTACKS.

No comments: